Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fitting Fitness Into Your Busy Life

Greetings career women!
What actions are you taking to add physical fitness into your busy work schedule? Have you made a conscious decision to work in fitness between meetings, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the children?
As a career woman I found it very hard to keep a fitness routine. Working 50+ hour weeks didn’t leave much time for exercise. I would be on a fitness plan for a few weeks then fall off because I got too busy with work.
This year I was determined to get on a path to getting fit and committing to staying fit. I started out running, lifting weights, and engaging in workout DVDs such as Insanity. These routines were too easy to abandon when my work schedule got hectic. I needed something that would tap into my athletic capabilities and my desire for competition, so I started taking tennis lessons. Signing up for tennis lessons committed me to a minimum of 2 hours a week completing tennis drills. As I moved from beginner to advanced beginner the tennis bug hit me and I started training for my first tennis tournament. My tennis workout went from 2 hours a week to 5 then 10 hours a week.
I’ve been so engaged that I don’t think twice about the decision to stay late at work or go to tennis practice. In fact, I have been on a mission to work smarter not harder. The work that normally took 50 + hours can now be done in 40-50 hours during most non-peak times of the year. 
If you have a story about how you stay fit please share it with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment