Friday, September 16, 2011

The Endless "To Do List"


A Facebook friend posted this on her wall. "Is looking to sell half of my to do list." Does this sound like something you would like to do?

Guilty! I would sell off my to do list to the lowest offer. Heck I'd give my list away if someone would take it!

At the office I have two completely filled legal note pads with pages of tasks, meeting notes, and things to do.This is in addition to the notes, appointments, meetings, and tasks already recorded in Outlook and on my Blackberry.

Then there is my personal planner, my online personal calendar, and my personal to do, want to do, could do, should do, need to do, and what I do if I didn't have so much to do! 

The key to tackling this beast is time managment. I urge anyone who is becoming overwhelmed by your endless list of things to do to take a course on time management. It may save your sanity!

Here are some actions I have taken to help me mange my time:

  • Distinguish Urgent from Important
  • Prioritize to do lists, memos, voicemails, and emails
  • Plan and Organize
  • Schedule your own "prime time" of the day or night for maximum accomplishment
  • Dont be afriad to say NO
  • Delegate
  • Work on one task at a time
Have some tips for those trying to manage an endless to do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment